Southern Heroes haven't noticed this Actress!

She charmed everyone as a small town girl in Bachna Ae Haseeno. In Kidnap, she slipped into a bikini and now Minissha Lamba is all set to play a Hyderabadi in her forthcoming film. While working with Shyam Benegal is a big achievement for any actor, the toughest task at hand for Minissha was getting the rural act right. “It’s one of the most difficult characters that I’ve ever played,” says Minissha about her role in the film. “Firstly, I didn’t know how to speak Hyderabadi Hindi. I had to be tutored. But the greatest comfort for an actor is to have someone like Shyam Benegal direct him/her. He’s very precise about what he wants and what he doesn’t,” says Minissha.

Ask her if she learnt about the other aspects of filmmaking while working in the movie and the actor is quick to reply, “I have to first learn how to act properly, only then can I think of learning the other aspects of film-making.”


With a number of films under her belt, one wonders what makes Minissha make such statements? “As an actor you have to evolve every time you go on the sets. You can learn so much after working with different directors. They teach you the finer nuances of acting. Innovation is the key to your performance. There are times when I begin to panic on the sets, because I’m worried if I can do justice to a scene. That’s when the director pumps up your confidence and steers you towards a good performance. I’m yet to master all these things,” she explains.


With just one film hitting the screens this year, has she decided to limit herself to doing fewer films in a year? “Not really. It all depends on how many good films come my way. If I have enough dates to do more films, I’ll readily accept.” So will it be more serious roles for her from now on? “See, I’m primarily an entertainer. I don’t mind dancing around trees and romancing the hero as long as the audience enjoys it.” While talking about dancing around trees, one cannot but ask her about heroes from down South. “Well, I don’t mind doing a good film down South, provided I like the script. But so far, I don’t think the southern heroes have even noticed me,” she says with a laugh, before signing off.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bookmark

Bookmark and Share